Saturday, March 05, 2011

Why I want to teach yoga?



I’ve practiced and studied yoga for 14 years.  During this time, I’ve thought a lot about what I wanted to do with my life.  I’ve considered medical school, business school; I’ve wanted to be a high school science teacher, work in development for a non-profit, and also to be a yoga teacher.  Of all of these professional pursuits, the only desire that has remained consistent over the years has been that of being a yoga teacher.  I love yoga.  I love sharing yoga with others.  I love studying yoga.  It has offered me a path, an experience, a way of living that has stayed with me throughout all of the exploring in my 20’s and continues to inspire me throughout my 30’s.  This isn’t a fleeting passion.

Being a yoga teacher will allow me to continue my deep exploration of yoga and to learn   from others who are on the path.

At this point, I’m not interested in teaching several classes a week in different studios across the Bay area.  I’m interested in weaving this desire to teach into my life more organically.  I would love to set up a class for friends maybe starting once a month.  As my confidence and knowledge about teaching increases, I trust that the universe will present more opportunities.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm so happy you are holding on to your dream! Good for you!

I feel the same way about lactation consulting. Though I know I have a long ways to go and need a lot of help with talking soft, patiently and kindly with moms, I know, with time and proper guidance, I'll overcome my fear that I'm "not good enough."

I look forward to reading more about your journey!